Furniture and Upholstery Cleaning
With everyday use, your home's and office's furniture can start looking old and worn down quite fast. Upholstery fabrics trap dirt, body oils, dead skin cells, and other contaminants, making your couches and mattresses an ideal breeding grounds for dust mites.
At My Carpet Cleaning, we recommend cleaning upholstery at least once a year to remove contaminants and revive and enhance the look of your furnishings. Since upholstery fabrics are very delicate and vary widely, it's always best to hire a professional upholstery cleaning company for the job. Our upholstery cleaning technician will examine your furniture, determine it's fiber type, colorfastness, staining, and decide on specific steps to take. We use cleaners formulated for particular fabric types to prevent any damage to your furniture.
If you're looking for upholstery cleaning, sectional or sofa cleaning, mattress, or any other upholstered furniture cleaner, then we are your best choice. No matter if you live in Chicago or suburbs and need your upholstery cleaned: we've got your back. Contact us today (847) 994-1171 or schedule online.
Here are some tips to help you maintain the look and feel of your upholstered items:
• Keep your furniture and fabrics away from direct sunlight. It will help prevent fading and fraying (particularly with natural materials like silk and cotton).
• Vacuum your upholstered furniture and curtains every week to eliminate loose dust and dirt. Frequent vacuuming helps prevent dirt and grime from getting further embedded in fabrics.
• Rotating cushions frequently helps them retain their shape and keeps cushions looking newer longer. Cushions can experience premature wear and tear if they are not rotated often.
• Spot clean using a soft damp cloth or gently blot away spills using a towel (taking care not to rub)! Better yet, protect your fabrics ahead of time using a stain guard.
• We recommend enlisting the help of a professional every year (sometimes more frequently) to clean your upholstery items.